I stumbled across this recipe the other day and have literally made it every day because people keep asking for them!
It’s suuch an easy recipe to do and it means you aren’t baking a batch that will go stale in 24 hours.
What to do:
1. Take your favourite mug and add a tablespoonful of butter and stick in the microwave for 10 seconds (ish) to melt.
2. Add a another tbsp of white sugar, one of brown sugar and a couple of drops of vanilla extract and stir
3. Your mixture will now look like an unappetising soup
4. Add an egg yolk and mix… it will now look even less appetising
5. Add roughly 35 grams of plain flour (if all you have is self raising that’s fine, it will just be a big cookie!)
6. Thanks to that flour it will now look like tasty cookie dough, so add in your choc chips!
7. If you can resist eating the dough on its own (which I have actually struggled to do every single time), give it a stir and stick it in the microwave for 40 seconds.
8. Take it out and either (a) EAT or, if it doesn’t look quite ready (b) stick in for another 20 seconds, then EAT!
Unfortunately my photos of this creation are limited as my boyfriend tucked in too quickly for me to get a good shot but trust me it’s great
Spice up your cookie:
- If you fancy a vanilla cookie replace the brown sugar with another spoonful of white and add a couple extra vanilla drops.
- I’ve also tried a cinnamon version, just replace the vanilla with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and leave out the chocolate chips!
Let me know what you think!