Tonight I felt rather guilty not making my sister welcome home treats after she returned from her first festival so I had every intention of whipping up a quick batch cupcakes… until I found out we had no eggs. So I headed out to pick my other sister up from her part time job and picked up some goodies on the way. I didn’t have enough change for eggs as well as a diet coke so I decided to sacrifice and buy a £1 bar of caramel chocolate and see what I can do with what was left in the cupboard and this is what I came up with.
It doesn’t look too appetising but it’s super simple and unbelievably tasty! (although a little sickly so small pieces are best!!)
What you need:
It is important to remember that I made this with what was left in my fridge and cupboards so these are a rough guide, if you play around with the chocolate, biscuits or even amount of butter you can make it 100% personal!
1 medium sized bar of caramel filled chocolate
1 small pack of white chocolate buttons
1 medium pack of digestive biscuits
Just under 4oz butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1oz caster sugar
Small loaf tin
What you need to do:
1. Begin melting the caramel chocolate in a bowel over hot water, stirring occasionally
2. Crush the biscuits as much as you can (I actually used a blender to get fine crumbs but a rolling pin and plastic bag will do!)
3. In a saucepan melt the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup together until the butter is fully melted
4. Once the chocolate and butter have melted add the crushed biscuits to the butter, coating all the crumbs
5. Add the chocolate a spoonful at a time, stirring into the biscuit mixture, then add the chocolate buttons, stirring in
6. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and smooth out
7. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge. Leave it overnight to set if possible, otherwise just check every couple of hours to make sure it’s solid enough to cut into
8. Cut into squares and eat!!
Comment if you try it and tell me how tasty it was for you!