Rainbow Cupcakes, my first attempt!
Cupcakes are my speciality when baking and I love trying new recipes so I thought I would give basic vanilla buttercream cupcakes a twist!
4oz Self-raising flour
4oz Caster Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1tsp Red Colouring
1tsp Yellow Colouring
1tsp Blue Colouring
1. Mix the butter, flour, caster sugar and eggs together in a large mixing bowl until there are no lumps (feel free to use an electric whisk)
2. Add the baking powder and vanilla (have a taste if you fancy it)
3. Get 2 medium bowls and distribute the mixture evenly into the bowls (so you have 3 portions)
4. Add the colouring and mix well. Please remember that the colour will fade as the cakes bake so the darker the better!
5. First spoon whichever colour you want on the base of the cupcake evenly into cupcake cases. Even it out using a teaspoon so it is a flat mixture, not lumpy.
6. Spoon the next colour on top, making sure to fully cover the base layer, and even out again
7. Repeat with the last colour
8. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the oven
9. Add whatever icing you want! I used buttercream because I adore it but just icing sugar and water mix (in white) looks awesome too.
10. Now eat and enjoy!
11. Comment if you have tried it and let me know how it goes! Or maybe pass the recipe on and you can simply indulge in the results 😉